The Somerhill site is easy to reach by car and we have efficient drop-off and pick-up arrangements. Our 150-acre site allows for extensive parking, and we have two entrance gates, both accessible from wide, well-surfaced roads.
Some of our pupils use our school minibus service, which is for children from Year 1 and upwards.
The routes are:
- From Tunbridge Wells via Southborough
- From Kings Hill via Mereworth and Hadlow
- From Horsmonden via Brenchley and Matfield
- From Ightham via Sevenoaks and Hildenborough
- From Langton Green via Speldhurst
The Tunbridge Wells service runs mornings and afternoons. All other routes run just in the mornings.
The minibus service is competitively priced to allow as many children as possible to use it, and there are discounts for parents with more than one child travelling.
Costs per term:
- Individual One Way £165, Two Siblings One Way £310, Three Siblings One Way £445
- Individual Return £300, Two Siblings Return £570, Three Siblings Return £810
Some key points about the school bus:
- Pre-Prep children wishing to take the afternoon bus can stay on after the end of the school day and be looked after in clubs and/or after-school care. There is no charge for after-school care in this case.
- Pre-Prep children are collected and escorted from the bus in the mornings and collected from their clubs or after-school care and escorted to the afternoon bus.
- Yardley Court and Derwent Lodge pupils in Years 3 and 4 taking the school bus are supervised from 4.10pm until the end of the school day.
- The pick-up and drop-off points and times change depending on demand each year.
- All drivers are DBS checked and have undertaken Kent County Council’s Minibus Awareness Course.
- Once your child is using the service, we ask for one term’s notice if you no longer need it.